Saturday, January 23, 2010

In The Beginning There Was Darkness...

Contrary to popular belief God didn't say let there be light. Tim Gunn said it and Michael Kors, Nina Garcia, and Heidi Klum all ran for the light switch. So that establishes Tim's power and authority. Why do some Project Runway designers refuse to listen to the words of the messiah? Speaking of messiahs...well Mexican messiahs...why is Jesus still on there? Tacky, Tacky, Tacky. I'm seriously about ready to nail HAY-soos to a cross to get him the hell out of the picture.

PR is so much better than Launch My Line. The challenges are actually interesting and make the designers prove their skills. Burlap? I mean really, that's creative. It's hard to look good in a gunny sack. Amy probably did the best job. Although I have to hand it to Ping. She got the straight male vote...ya know with all that junk in the trunk and a broken trunk latch. I can live with the winner of the latest episode. I don't usually have that feeling when it comes to LML.

I really just wish Pamela hadn't went home. I mean yes there were issues aplenty with the garment but at least she stuck to the challenge rather than sticking ribbons on a burlap sack to make "fashion." It's gonna be a good season. Only two episodes into it and I have someone I can hate. I love it!

So about my favourite. Amy's was amazing. The skirt had movement. Gettin' a gunny sack to move ain't no small thang. The top was interesting as well. The cowl neck really worked and the back was great. I do wish she had went a bit farther with the dye. The construction was great it just looked a bit too much like burlap on top. I know that was the challenge but even if she'd used the treatment on the top that she used for the skirt it would have been good.

What's his face who won did a decent job. It just looked a bit stiff for me and I wasn't crazy about that colour. It might have looked good in a different fabric but in general it didn't work for burlap. I did think it was interesting though. The proportion of the skirt was good and the shape was fresh. The beading or whatever it was gave it something interesting too.

Did anyone notice that the zipper on Jesus' stuck out like a sore thumb and that part of the design on the front seemed to have got zipped up in it because it just ended out of nowhere?

As for the loser. Okay yes it didn't fit well in back...but come on it was still better than some. If she had played it a bit safe she would still be in. A corsette bodice is hard in a fabric that is nothing but structure. I mean sure she could have done things to fix it. LIKE LISTEN TO TIM! But ya know its her loss.

Currently Listening To: Dannii Minogue - Who Do You Love Now?

No comments:

Post a Comment