Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good Idea?

So I've always thought, "Gee, Magnus (Great name, eh? Thank you Hedon...) wouldn't it be fun to have a blog... All except for the little old problem of what the hell do I have to say? Well last night two people (who will remain nameless in the event this is a flop) said it wouldn't be such a bad idea. I ran this idea past a couple of other friends and they seemed to think it would be a good idea as well. Apparently I'm the friend that always has the interesting stores...missing dildos, topless midgets, the phone number of a call girl. Those kind of things...ya know...they happen all the time, right?

But last night in the conversation here's the idea that actually made me go through with this ordeal. I am not a reality show junkie. I am a fashion junkie. So I can't help but to watch fashion reality shows. I have been there with Project Runway from the beginning. --This past season was a whole different demon.-- I watched Bravo's replacement for PR last night "Launch My Line." I don't know about the whole Launch My LINE...How about we launch the designers into the depths of space and make the world a smarter place? What business do these people have designing clothing? Before you start the, "Well maybe they have good ideas," let me just say they may have good ideas but they are entirely too stupid to make them come to life.

Last night the designers and their experts (Yes that's right...the designers have experts. Let's put the fashion handicapped effwits who can't sew with experts who can sew and tailor.) had to create a piece that expressed the designers inspiration. So let's get inspired by a butterfly. Butterfly...Pretty...Fragile...Light...Graceful...those words come to mind when thinking of a butterfly right? There isn't a lot of substance to them they aren't a heavy and graceless. They aren't a roach for God's sake. Rather than incorporating those elements into the garment it was more along the lines of, "I was inspired by a butterfly. SEE, **Pointing to Bodice** there's a butterfly on it." Jackass.

Here's another gem from last night. Inspiration from a jellyfish. How about some more word association? Great, I knew you'd be up for it. Jellyfish...Ethereal...Flowing...Colourful...Look but don't touch(<<
Where do they find these people? Please tell me that some of these shows have their contestants fixed. This show has a mix and match cast...Fashion critic, event planner, architect, DJ, marketing directors, etc. Each "designer" (loose use) has an expert to help them execute the design. For the most part, the experts are worth their keep. With the exception of the dee-VAH with the Valentino hair. Can we shoot the bitch? Congrats, Bravo! Project Runway was amazing...Launch My Life is one hot mess. It's like a trainwreck...ya can't help but to watch it. The best way to sum up the "talent" (very loose use of the term) is YOU'RE STUPID!

In general, several reality shows rely on the monkey/doorknob principle (M/DP). It's like watching a monkey try to fuck a doorknob. A monkey has no business around a doorknob but by God he's there and he's going to try his hardest to fuck it. That my friends is the M/DP. People on reality shows have no business there but they will do their damnedest to make that show and the challenges they have their doorknob. Launch My Line is a prime example. Damn me though I am just gonna have to watch it.

Currently Listening To: Shakira - La Tortura

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog! Looking forward to reading more of your rants. M/DP -- Ha!

    ReplyDelete