Friday, December 18, 2009

What happened to the good ole days?

Does anyone remember the test patterns that had the pretty colours? When the station wasn't airing anything they would be there with that little beep? Why can't Bravo just use that again? I mean really do you have to fill your airtime with Launch My Line?

So I haven't really bothered to learn the characters names. I don't see the point in even nicknaming some of them. Here's how they will be referred to:

Peg Bundy "Peg" - Merle? The fashion critic who looks like Peggy Bundy.
Slave Driver - The business lady...she makes her expert do all of the work.
Record Producer - Nuff Said
Dandy - He's a Dandy...The one with that fly glued to his face with the dee-VAH expert.
Jewelery Chick - She designs the clothes around her jewelry...really?
Lou Rawls Daughter "LRD" - Nuff Said
Jumpsuit - The blond bizzy ditch.
The DJ Dude

So on the latest installment they had picnic baskets with strange things in them. At first glance these things such as mice might appear to be things removed from the anus in the emergency room. Well later on we find out that they are a source of food for the designers source of inspiration.

Before I go into the disturbing details of the challenge this week I need to get some things out of the way. Seeing as Jumpsuit isn't a real designer she's awful damned full of herself. Where does she get off thinking she's better than the other "designers"? Where does she get off thinking she's good for that matter?

So apparently the clothes designed during the season are going to be the line launched by the winner. Please tell me they will have someone who actually knows what he or she is doing rework those "masterpieces".

Does anyone remember the old MTV cartoon Daria? It was one of the best. So the dSquared dudes both sound like the leader of the fashion club on that show. You really want to hear them say Stacy.... or Quinn.... or Is that that weird girl who lives with you?... It was cute but now its annoying because we all know that's how they really sound.

So back to the challenge. The animals that served as inspiration were:

Turtle
Tarantula
Llama
Python
Zebra
Monkey
Chinchilla
Tucan

Each of these has a good potential. Each has an element to the texture of their fur of skin that would work into a garment in a great way. It seems that colour was the only thing that registed with the designers. I mean really. Python would be gold. I mean come on sleek sexy. Chinchilla would be another great one. Meh so let's get to what I noticed when each garment came out.

Dandy/Python - Here's $2.43 in pennies. Can I get a blow job behind that dumpster? She looked like a hooker. I mean really!

Peg Bundy/Turtle - Give me less zipper and more turtle. You've watch far too many cartoons if you think a turtle gets up and puts on its shell and zips it up. I mean come on. You could have had an amazing time playing with texture and shape there. Go eat a bon bon Peg.

Jumpsuit/Chinchilla - All I have to say is that with that much volume at the bottom it looked like she was smuffling chinchillas in her britches.

Record Producer/Llama - When inspiration struck you the llama must of had a wedgie.

DJ/Tucan - Tucans are colourful. Why wasn't your outfit...well I take that back. Your peacock look was great. I'm still waiting on the tucan look.

Slave Driver/Tarantula - I didn't have anything to say...good or bad. Way to drive slaves!

Jewelry Chick/Zebra - More zebra, less belt. I guess she only did a zebra belt because she was afraid that anything else would detract from her jewelry.

LRD/Monkey - It was playful. Take that how you want.

Once again M/DP...only this week the real monkey had more sense.

1 comment:

  1. Its funny, but from you descriptions of this show, I kinda want to watch it now, just because it sounds like it would be fun to laugh at.

    ReplyDelete